Macworld UK - Apple legal has slammed a cease-and-desist order against the OSx86 Project -- a gathering of developers working to port Mac OS X to work on Intel processor-powered PCs.
Citing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Apple has forced the site to close down its busy notice boards.
Site administrators told users: "We're sorry to report that despite our best efforts, the OSx86 Project has been served with a DMCA violation notice. The forum will be unavailable while we evaluate its contents to remove any violations present. We thank you for your patience in this matter."
The site describes itself as "the undisputed leader in news and analysis regarding OS X on x86 hardware and Apple's Intel transition."
Shortly before the forums were closed down, a developer had posted a working guide that let others install Mac OS X 10.4.4 on non-Macs.
The site was also the first to uncover Apple's hidden verse within OS X that asked hackers not to steal the operating system.
- Why Projects Fail CIOs are expected to deliver more projects that transform business, and do so on time, on budget and with limited resources.
- The New Business Case for Video Conferencing: 7 Real-World Benefits Beyond Cost-Savings This whitepaper provides insight into the value of video conferencing in today's business environment, and how organizations are using visual collaboration to find...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Mac OS X White Papers | Webcasts