IDG News Service - Free Standards Group Inc., a nonprofit group that promotes standards for open-source software, last week said it has opened a lab in Beijing to certify that Linux distributions and applications developed in China meet the Linux Standard Base (LSB) standards.
The group said that it and the China Electronics Standardization Institute will jointly run the Beijing lab.
The LSB, which was recently approved as a standard by the International Standards Organization and the International Electrotechnical Commission, was developed to prevent Linux from fragmenting, according to the statement. The LSB is comprised of application programming interfaces, libraries and interoperability standards, as well as test suites and development environments, it said.
Developers working on Linux distributions and applications for China can apply for certification by the Beijing lab.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts