Novell releases Identity Manager 3
The software helps companies manage employee passwords and application rights
Computerworld - Novell Inc. today will release Identity Manager 3, which it said will speed up the process of managing employee passwords and user access rights inside the corporate network by moving that function away from the IT department.
"IT people are not the people who know who should have access to things," said Ferris Argyle, product manager for the Identity Manager software.
Version 3 automates the process of approving rights and empowers business managers to make changes to usage rights for employees working for them, the Waltham, Mass.-based company said in a statement.
To balance out the fact that more company employees are able to change user rights, the upgrade includes tighter auditing features to track who makes what changes.
Identity Manager, which Argyle said competes mostly with products from Sun Microsystems Inc. and IBM, also offers real-time synchronization of user access rights across the network.
Identity Manager 3 costs $75,000 per installation and $25 per user. A provisioning module costs an additional $30,000 per installation and $10 per user.
Novell declined to say how many Identity Manager users it has today. When it released Version 2 of Identity Manager, previously known as DirXML, in January 2004, Novell said it had 1,400 customers at the time.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor...
- Simpana IntelliSnap Technology Datasheet With IntelliSnap you can maximize the value of your snapshot technology while dramatically reducing management overhead and complexity.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All Applications White Papers |