Computerworld - Microsoft Adds Portal to Navision
Microsoft Corp. has released a service pack for Navision that includes a new portal to the suite of business management software. Service Pack 1 for Navision 4.0 adds the Navision Employee Portal, built from the integration of Navision and Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal Server. The package also improves integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SQL Server.
AMD Posts Positive Financial Results
Taking advantage of its technical lead over rival Intel Corp. in dual-core server processor development, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. reported better than expected third-quarter results.
AMD BY THE NUMBERS
Google Plugs Search Engine Hole
Google Inc. fixed a security vulnerability on its search-engine Web site within days of being told about it by Finjan Software Inc. The security vendor's Malicious Code Research Center told Google of a cross-site scripting vulnerability that could have allowed a remote attacker to take over Google accounts or deceive users into revealing personal information.
BEA Agrees to Buy RFID Tool Maker
BEA Systems Inc. has agreed to purchase privately held ConnecTerra Inc. The Cambridge, Mass.-based RFID middleware vendor makes infrastructure software for collecting data from RFID devices and distributing it for use in applications. The software treats RFID data as an asset to be incorporated into applications and business processes. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Meet Business Demands and Drive IT Innovation Your IT organization plays a strategic role in business operations. What new solutions and offerings could you create if you had an agile,...
- British Airways Case Study British Airways increases scalability, reliability, flexibility and performance while building on its IT infrastructure using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- 3 Keys to Secure BYOD Deployment The new Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) environment presents challenges for IT managers and business leaders. This paper discusses how IT managers can address those challenges,...
- Creating a Video Collaboration Strategy: Four Mistakes Mid-Market Companies Make and How to Avoid Them This Cisco-sponsored whitepaper from AVI-SPL shares key insights from Cisco's and AVI-SPL's teams of video collaboration integration experts gained through hundreds of deployments...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Symantec NetBackup Appliances: Key Factors in Modernizing Backup and Recovery This white paper outlines a structured approach to assessing the advantages and requirements of the PBBA model, and in particular the unique capabilities... All Management White Papers | Webcasts
Computerworld has launched its annual search for outstanding IT leaders who align technology with business goals. Nominate a top IT executive for the 2015 Premier 100 IT Leaders awards now through July 18.