Computerworld - New Take on Antivirus Software
By year's end, Sana Security Inc. plans to ship a new version of its Primary Response antivirus software that will be able to identify and remove malicious software without the "signature" code used by most antivirus vendors. The software, which will probably be called Primary Response 4.0, will also be the first version of the Sana product that users can run in a stand-alone fashion without the company's server-side management software, said San Mateo, Calif.-based Sana. The stand-alone version will cost about $40.
Barracuda to Unveil IM Firewall
Antispam firewall appliance vendor Barracuda Networks Inc. plans to debut a line of instant messaging firewall appliances early next year to help corporations safeguard their IM users. The new devices, which the Mountain View, Calif.-based company claims will allow businesses to protect and archive the content of popular IM systems, will be available in five models for up to 7,000 users each. The Barracuda IM Firewall devices, which will provide tools to secure, monitor and manage all internal and external IM communications, will be priced from $1,999 to $27,999 and will begin shipping in the first quarter of 2006.
Fast ID Validation
Infonox Inc. introduced IDNox, a platform-independent identity verification and validation tool that verifies critical customer information, including address, Social Security number and driver's license number, with analysis that can be done in seconds. IDNox uses application programming interfaces that enable users to integrate the tool through XML or HTML, and it operates over TCP/IP or as a stand-alone application.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Top 12 Laptop Bags for Mobile Pros
- Think Deleted Text Messages Are Gone Forever? Think Again
- 7 New Faces of the C-suite
- 5 Ways CIOs Can Rationalize Application Portfolios
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Five Cloud Security Concerns You Must Address Security for the cloud era should be information centric, built in, adaptive, and proactive. How can you respond to the new threat landscape...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Alert Logic for PCI DSS Compliance To achieve PCI DSS compliance, you must identify and remediate all critical vulnerabilities detected during PCI scans. Threat Manager streamlines this process by...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts