Computerworld - New Take on Antivirus Software
By year's end, Sana Security Inc. plans to ship a new version of its Primary Response antivirus software that will be able to identify and remove malicious software without the "signature" code used by most antivirus vendors. The software, which will probably be called Primary Response 4.0, will also be the first version of the Sana product that users can run in a stand-alone fashion without the company's server-side management software, said San Mateo, Calif.-based Sana. The stand-alone version will cost about $40.
Barracuda to Unveil IM Firewall
Antispam firewall appliance vendor Barracuda Networks Inc. plans to debut a line of instant messaging firewall appliances early next year to help corporations safeguard their IM users. The new devices, which the Mountain View, Calif.-based company claims will allow businesses to protect and archive the content of popular IM systems, will be available in five models for up to 7,000 users each. The Barracuda IM Firewall devices, which will provide tools to secure, monitor and manage all internal and external IM communications, will be priced from $1,999 to $27,999 and will begin shipping in the first quarter of 2006.
Fast ID Validation
Infonox Inc. introduced IDNox, a platform-independent identity verification and validation tool that verifies critical customer information, including address, Social Security number and driver's license number, with analysis that can be done in seconds. IDNox uses application programming interfaces that enable users to integrate the tool through XML or HTML, and it operates over TCP/IP or as a stand-alone application.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- The State of Video Conferencing Security Video conferencing equipment, found in almost every boardroom around the world, may be opening up companies to serious security breaches. This paper explains...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Cybersecurity for Dummies eBook This book provides an in-depth examination of real-world attacks and APTs, the shortcomings of legacy security solutions, the capabilities of next-generation firewalls, and...
- 10 Things Your Next Firewall Must do Next-Generation Firewalls Defined
- What are the desktop virtualization market trends and how can you successfully deploy your solution? You've probably heard about desktop virtualization -- and some of its benefits -- things like tighter security, streamlined management and lower costs. But...
- The Value of Symantec NetBackup Appliances In this video, Symantec's Shelley Schmokel, Principal Product Manager for NetBackup Appliances, talks about the NetBackup Integrated Appliances and how they deliver enterprise-class... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!