No Jobs keynote for Paris Expo, but he'll be at the show
Macworld - Apple Computer yesterday said that there will be no opening keynote presentation at Apple Expo Paris, which is normally given by company CEO, Steve Jobs. Company officials confirmed that while there will be no formal presentation, Apple executives will be on hand all week.
"While this year's apple expo will not feature a formal keynote presentation, members of Apple's executive team will be hosting a Q&A session for members of the media on the opening day and will be at Apple Expo throughout the week," Apple spokesperson, Bill Evans said.
In addition to the executives that will host the Q&A session, Apple also confirmed that Jobs will be at the event. "Yes, Steve will be at Apple Expo with other members of Apple's executive team," said Evans.
Jobs will make his first appearance at Apple Expo Paris after undergoing pancreatic cancer surgery in August 2004, which kept him from the European show last year.
At the 2004 Apple Expo Paris, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Hardware Product Marketing, unveiled the redesigned iMac G5.
This year's Apple Expo Paris opens Sept. 20.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- Building a Bridge to the Next Generation Data Center Selecting a widely adopted operating system is a foundational component of a standardization strategy.
- OpenStack and Red Hat: IDC White paper Most OpenStack deployments are by public cloud providers that are early adopters of technology and use OpenStack in a do-it-yourself deployment and support...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Mac OS X White Papers | Webcasts