Protegrity acquires Web apps security vendor Kavado
Plan is to integrate products from both companies
Computerworld - Stamford, Conn.-based Protegrity Corp., a provider of data security management products, has acquired Kavado, a provider of Web application security products.
A Protegrity spokeswoman declined to disclose the purchase price. The combined company will have nearly 300 customers across all vertical markets, Protegrity said in a statement. Kavado is also based in Stamford.
The combined company will give Protegrity the ability to offer customers end-to-end security products with centralized, enterprisewide policy management, monitoring and reporting, the vendor said.
"The acquisition of Kavado now gives us the ability to protect sensitive data wherever it resides -- in applications, databases, backups and storage -- and across any technology infrastructure," said Gordon Rapkin, Protegrity president and CEO, in the statement.
Rapkin said by protecting data from acquisition to deletion, the combined company can help firms more efficiently meet regulatory requirements and reduce the escalating legal and financial risks associated with security breaches.
Protegrity plans to integrate the products of the two companies, focusing on the integration of database security with threat management, Rapkin said.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts