Protegrity acquires Web apps security vendor Kavado
Plan is to integrate products from both companies
Computerworld - Stamford, Conn.-based Protegrity Corp., a provider of data security management products, has acquired Kavado, a provider of Web application security products.
A Protegrity spokeswoman declined to disclose the purchase price. The combined company will have nearly 300 customers across all vertical markets, Protegrity said in a statement. Kavado is also based in Stamford.
The combined company will give Protegrity the ability to offer customers end-to-end security products with centralized, enterprisewide policy management, monitoring and reporting, the vendor said.
"The acquisition of Kavado now gives us the ability to protect sensitive data wherever it resides -- in applications, databases, backups and storage -- and across any technology infrastructure," said Gordon Rapkin, Protegrity president and CEO, in the statement.
Rapkin said by protecting data from acquisition to deletion, the combined company can help firms more efficiently meet regulatory requirements and reduce the escalating legal and financial risks associated with security breaches.
Protegrity plans to integrate the products of the two companies, focusing on the integration of database security with threat management, Rapkin said.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Mitigating Security Risks at the Networks Edge This white paper provides strategies and best practices for distributed enterprises to protect their networks against vulnerabilities, threats, and malicious attacks.
- 5 Strategies for Modern Data Protection Read the five strategies for modern data protection that will not only help solve your current data management challenges but also ensure that...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!