Protegrity acquires Web apps security vendor Kavado
Plan is to integrate products from both companies
Computerworld - Stamford, Conn.-based Protegrity Corp., a provider of data security management products, has acquired Kavado, a provider of Web application security products.
A Protegrity spokeswoman declined to disclose the purchase price. The combined company will have nearly 300 customers across all vertical markets, Protegrity said in a statement. Kavado is also based in Stamford.
The combined company will give Protegrity the ability to offer customers end-to-end security products with centralized, enterprisewide policy management, monitoring and reporting, the vendor said.
"The acquisition of Kavado now gives us the ability to protect sensitive data wherever it resides -- in applications, databases, backups and storage -- and across any technology infrastructure," said Gordon Rapkin, Protegrity president and CEO, in the statement.
Rapkin said by protecting data from acquisition to deletion, the combined company can help firms more efficiently meet regulatory requirements and reduce the escalating legal and financial risks associated with security breaches.
Protegrity plans to integrate the products of the two companies, focusing on the integration of database security with threat management, Rapkin said.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- EndPoint Interactive eGuide In this eGuide, Network World, Computerworld, and CIO examine two endpoint trends - BYOD and collaboration - and offer tips and advice on...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!