Protegrity acquires Web apps security vendor Kavado
Plan is to integrate products from both companies
Computerworld - Stamford, Conn.-based Protegrity Corp., a provider of data security management products, has acquired Kavado, a provider of Web application security products.
A Protegrity spokeswoman declined to disclose the purchase price. The combined company will have nearly 300 customers across all vertical markets, Protegrity said in a statement. Kavado is also based in Stamford.
The combined company will give Protegrity the ability to offer customers end-to-end security products with centralized, enterprisewide policy management, monitoring and reporting, the vendor said.
"The acquisition of Kavado now gives us the ability to protect sensitive data wherever it resides -- in applications, databases, backups and storage -- and across any technology infrastructure," said Gordon Rapkin, Protegrity president and CEO, in the statement.
Rapkin said by protecting data from acquisition to deletion, the combined company can help firms more efficiently meet regulatory requirements and reduce the escalating legal and financial risks associated with security breaches.
Protegrity plans to integrate the products of the two companies, focusing on the integration of database security with threat management, Rapkin said.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- Preventing Sophisticated Attacks: Anti-Evasion & Advanced Evasion Techniques McAfee Next Generation Firewall applies sophisticated analysis techniques specifically to detect advanced evasion techniques (AET).
- The Security Industry's Dirty Little Secret The debate over advanced evasion techniques (AETs) This report summarizes the findings of a McAfee commissioned research group to determine the level of understanding IT security professionals have about AETs...
- Demand More, Get the Most from the Move to a Next-Generation Firewall Beyond the basics in a next generation firewall, to protect your investment you should demand other valuable features: intrusion prevention, contextual rules, advanced...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!