Intel Unveils Pair of Itanium 2 Chips
Intel Corp. has taken the wraps off two new Itanium 2 processors that should tide the company over until the expected launch of its first dual-core Itanium processor later this year. Intel said that it added two 1.66-GHz Itanium 2 processors that are notable because they each have a 667-MHz front-side bus, which provides a faster link between the CPU and the system's main memory.
IBM's Results Return to Form
IBM returned to financial form in the second quarter, reporting income growth and solid revenue after scaring financial analysts by falling short of expectations in its first quarter.
i2 Stock Is Back on Nasdaq Exchange
After a two-year hiatus, shares of i2 Technologies Inc. stock can be traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The Dallas-based vendor said that the Nasdaq Listing Qualifications Panel agreed to let i2 common stock return to the exchange late last week. New York-based Nasdaq began delisting efforts against i2 in late March 2003. Since May 2003, i2 stock has traded on the National Quotation Service Bureau.
Lucent Profit Down, But Sales Up 7%
Lucent Technologies Inc. reported a decline in profit for its third fiscal quarter, although strong sales of third-generation mobile network gear helped boost revenue.
Read more about Hardware in Computerworld's Hardware Topic Center.
- An Insightful Approach to Optimizing Mainframe MLC Spend This paper discusses how you can penetrate the complexity of IBM mainframe MLC products and the MLC price model to gain insight into...
- Meeting the Exploding Demand for New IT Services In this eBook, explore the top trends driving the New IT for IT Service Management, and how leading organizations are evolving to focus...
- Hybrid IT-A Low-Risk Path from On-Premise to ITaaS This white paper provides a strategy to move part or all of your ITSM suite to the cloud as a stepping stone to...
- Paving the Windows XP Migration Path to Success Support for Windows XP has ended, leaving organizations with three choices: Windows 8, Windows 7 or a combination. With the right planning and...
- Increase Your Data Center IQ Discover how to improve network efficiency, lower IT costs and more proactively manage your physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Optimize Data Center Resources and Plan for the Future Eliminate over-provisioning and capacity shortfalls with pro-active capacity optimization. Join us in the evolution from capacity monitoring to capacity optimization in your data... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts