Intel Unveils Pair of Itanium 2 Chips
Intel Corp. has taken the wraps off two new Itanium 2 processors that should tide the company over until the expected launch of its first dual-core Itanium processor later this year. Intel said that it added two 1.66-GHz Itanium 2 processors that are notable because they each have a 667-MHz front-side bus, which provides a faster link between the CPU and the system's main memory.
IBM's Results Return to Form
IBM returned to financial form in the second quarter, reporting income growth and solid revenue after scaring financial analysts by falling short of expectations in its first quarter.
i2 Stock Is Back on Nasdaq Exchange
After a two-year hiatus, shares of i2 Technologies Inc. stock can be traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The Dallas-based vendor said that the Nasdaq Listing Qualifications Panel agreed to let i2 common stock return to the exchange late last week. New York-based Nasdaq began delisting efforts against i2 in late March 2003. Since May 2003, i2 stock has traded on the National Quotation Service Bureau.
Lucent Profit Down, But Sales Up 7%
Lucent Technologies Inc. reported a decline in profit for its third fiscal quarter, although strong sales of third-generation mobile network gear helped boost revenue.
Read more about Hardware in Computerworld's Hardware Topic Center.
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Simplifying Product Design In A Complex World Product design engineering has moved far beyond the confines of ever-more powerful workstations. Companies can't afford to restrict projects to using only local...
- A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things The aim of this is to provide Architects and Developers of IoT projects with an effective starting point that covers the major requirements...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!