Intel Unveils Pair of Itanium 2 Chips
Intel Corp. has taken the wraps off two new Itanium 2 processors that should tide the company over until the expected launch of its first dual-core Itanium processor later this year. Intel said that it added two 1.66-GHz Itanium 2 processors that are notable because they each have a 667-MHz front-side bus, which provides a faster link between the CPU and the system's main memory.
IBM's Results Return to Form
IBM returned to financial form in the second quarter, reporting income growth and solid revenue after scaring financial analysts by falling short of expectations in its first quarter.
i2 Stock Is Back on Nasdaq Exchange
After a two-year hiatus, shares of i2 Technologies Inc. stock can be traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The Dallas-based vendor said that the Nasdaq Listing Qualifications Panel agreed to let i2 common stock return to the exchange late last week. New York-based Nasdaq began delisting efforts against i2 in late March 2003. Since May 2003, i2 stock has traded on the National Quotation Service Bureau.
Lucent Profit Down, But Sales Up 7%
Lucent Technologies Inc. reported a decline in profit for its third fiscal quarter, although strong sales of third-generation mobile network gear helped boost revenue.
Read more about Hardware in Computerworld's Hardware Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- 4 Customers who never have to refresh their PCs again This paper illustrates a common theme: the combination of desktop virtualization and thin client computing helps organizations deliver an up-to-date user experience more...
- Mobile Devices: The New Thin Clients Get essential guidance for understanding the role thin clients plus virtual desktops play in the enterprise today.
- Taking Windows Mobile on Any Device Taking Windows applications mobile has many advantages, but the process of identifying a solution is complex. Learn how to solve this complex problem...
- PaaS - Powering a New Era of Business IT Why PaaS has suddenly become relevant and irresistible to many organizations. Dive into the opportunities and considerations associated with using PaaS from an...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have. All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts