Intel Unveils Pair of Itanium 2 Chips
Intel Corp. has taken the wraps off two new Itanium 2 processors that should tide the company over until the expected launch of its first dual-core Itanium processor later this year. Intel said that it added two 1.66-GHz Itanium 2 processors that are notable because they each have a 667-MHz front-side bus, which provides a faster link between the CPU and the system's main memory.
IBM's Results Return to Form
IBM returned to financial form in the second quarter, reporting income growth and solid revenue after scaring financial analysts by falling short of expectations in its first quarter.
i2 Stock Is Back on Nasdaq Exchange
After a two-year hiatus, shares of i2 Technologies Inc. stock can be traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The Dallas-based vendor said that the Nasdaq Listing Qualifications Panel agreed to let i2 common stock return to the exchange late last week. New York-based Nasdaq began delisting efforts against i2 in late March 2003. Since May 2003, i2 stock has traded on the National Quotation Service Bureau.
Lucent Profit Down, But Sales Up 7%
Lucent Technologies Inc. reported a decline in profit for its third fiscal quarter, although strong sales of third-generation mobile network gear helped boost revenue.
Read more about Hardware in Computerworld's Hardware Topic Center.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!