Anne Bonaparte, CEO of MailFrontier Inc.
Sarah Daniels, Aventail's vice president of marketing and product management
...approach to support end-user access to all applications. Aventail Corp. in Seattle this month will release Version 8.5 of the Smart SSL VPN software for its EX-1500 security appliance. The software's new Smart Tunneling feature lets IT administrators set access policies so end-user machines can tunnel into a corporate network the same way IPsec technology does -- at the network layer, which is the third level in the seven-layer protocol stack used in IP networks. According to Sarah Daniels, Aventail's vice president of marketing and product management, traditional virtual private networks based on the Secure Sockets Layer protocol work strictly at the higher layers of the network stack. That gives admins more control over access rights but founders when dealing with streaming media and other applications that work fine over IPsec, she says. Version 8.5 also improves support for Linux and Macintosh clients. Pricing starts at $6,995.
Aventail's EX-1500 security appliance
...accounts with new admin tools. The Avatier Identity Management Server (AIMS) suite, due to become available this week from Avatier Corp. in San Ramon, Calif., includes programs designed to help automate the
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts