Anne Bonaparte, CEO of MailFrontier Inc.
Sarah Daniels, Aventail's vice president of marketing and product management
...approach to support end-user access to all applications. Aventail Corp. in Seattle this month will release Version 8.5 of the Smart SSL VPN software for its EX-1500 security appliance. The software's new Smart Tunneling feature lets IT administrators set access policies so end-user machines can tunnel into a corporate network the same way IPsec technology does -- at the network layer, which is the third level in the seven-layer protocol stack used in IP networks. According to Sarah Daniels, Aventail's vice president of marketing and product management, traditional virtual private networks based on the Secure Sockets Layer protocol work strictly at the higher layers of the network stack. That gives admins more control over access rights but founders when dealing with streaming media and other applications that work fine over IPsec, she says. Version 8.5 also improves support for Linux and Macintosh clients. Pricing starts at $6,995.
Aventail's EX-1500 security appliance
...accounts with new admin tools. The Avatier Identity Management Server (AIMS) suite, due to become available this week from Avatier Corp. in San Ramon, Calif., includes programs designed to help automate the
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Ponemon 2014 SSH Security Vulnerability Report According to research by the Ponemon Institute, 3 out of 4 enterprises have no security controls in place for SSH which leaves organizations...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!