SCO to restate 2004 financial results
It's fighting to prevent a delisting by Nasdaq
IDG News Service - The SCO Group Inc. plans to restate its financial results for the first three quarters of its 2004 fiscal year due to accounting errors, the company said today. The announcement comes as SCO is fighting to prevent a Nasdaq delisting for failing to file its 2004 annual report on time (see story).
Last month, SCO claimed that the filing delay was due to a re-examination of stock grants made under the company's employee compensation plan. But in a statement today, the Lindon, Utah-based company said it also expects to reclassify dividends related to a $50 million October 2003 investment in the company made by BayStar Capital LP. SCO said it repurchased all shares of BayStar's A-1 Convertible Preferred stock last July.
The restatement will not affect the company's previously reported net loss or its earnings per share for the fiscal year, the company said.
The company may have to repurchase certain shares purchased under its employee stock purchase program that were not properly registered during the first three quarters of the company's fiscal year, which ended Oct. 31. SCO will also have to restate $233,000 in stock compensation recorded in the second quarter that actually occurred in the first quarter, the statement said.
In December, SCO reported a net loss of $23.4 million for 2004, a year in which it spent nearly $20 million in legal fees on its lawsuits with IBM and others over intellectual property issues (see story).
The Nasdaq Listing Qualifications Panel has scheduled a hearing on SCO's delisting for March 17, SCO's statement said.
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- Infographic:10 Reasons to Choose vCloud Air Looking to create an agile, productive, and efficient IT environment? Read this simple infographic to learn about the benefits that VMware vCloud® Air™...
- Data Visualization Techniques: From Basics to Big Data with SAS Visual Analytics This paper discusses some of the basic issues concerning data visualization, from data size and column composition, to solving unique challenges presented by...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Gov't Legislation/Regulation White Papers | Webcasts