Business Intelligence/Analytics Topic Center
Business intelligence and analytics news, in-depth articles and more
Hewlett-Packard is betting $50 million that its customers will find value in the Hadoop data processing platform by investing in Hadoop distributor Hortonworks.
Oracle is combining its BlueKai consumer data aggregation platform with other parts of its catalog to create Oracle Data Cloud, a data-as-a-service offering aimed at companies that want to reach customers and prospects across multiple channels.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
Yahoo has reached an agreement to acquire Flurry, a mobile analytics company, as part of a push to grow its advertising revenue within its mobile products.
Software provider Actuate is offering a free way for business units to analyze enterprise data and present the results in a format that is easy to understand.
Hoping to win new business and build loyalty among existing customers, business intelligence software vendor MicroStrategy has broadly revamped its pricing and packaging structure.
Taking what many see as the next step in big data analysis, Google is previewing a service called Google Cloud Dataflow that analyzes live data, potentially giving users the ability to view trends and be alerted to events as they happen.
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
The first bar code was used in 1974 to scan in a pack of gum. Now they're used for everything from flight check-ins to patient records and warehouse inventory. They've even been used to track bees. Yes, bees.
Nest, the Internet-connected thermostat and smoke detector maker owned by Google, is acquiring home security system developer Dropcam as part of a push to connect a wider range of devices in people's homes.
Hive's SQL-like query language and vastly improved speed on huge data sets make it the perfect partner for an enterprise data warehouse
Few security executives at global enterprises--or even at smaller organizations--have not had to deal with issues related to social media, mobile technology, big data/analytics, or cloud computing.
"In 2013, we estimated that the NAC market was 350 million dollars, which was an increase of about 55-percent over 2012," says Lawrence Orans, Research Vice President, Gartner, Inc. According to Orans, Gartner expects that growth to slow in 2014, with an estimated increase of 45-percent over 2013 numbers. Burgeoning enterprise BYOD concerns have been the major drivers in that growth, says Orans. NAC vendor ForeScout is integrating its capabilities with those of Invincea in order to further abate those concerns.
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
Brian A. Haugabrook, interim CIO at Valdosta State University in Georgia, deployed analytics tools that enable faculty and staff to identify students who need extra help. The effort paid off with higher graduation rates.
Data insights are the key to providing customer value. The first steps are creating a culture of innovation and finding a CIO who is a business strategist.
From a beginner's guide to data-wrangling how-to and searchable collection of additional tutorials and videos, we've got you covered.
Some Excel tips and tricks for manipulating dates, and for getting data into the format you need, are also ready for your R pleasure.
In just a few mouse clicks, Tableau Desktop users can create forecasts from time series data.
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context
- This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- CIOs strive to harness Big Data while keeping an eye on the bottom line
- Read this whitepaper to learn how Red Hat Storage Server allows CIOs to confidently support business growth, manage cost and risk, capitalize on...
- Enterprise architects challenged to manage data explosion
- Read this whitepaper to find out how Red Hat Storage Server can allow enterprises to quickly and confidently deliver business applications that minimize...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets
- Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014
- Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to... All Business Intelligence/Analytics White Papers
- Live Webcast Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- Capturing Data in Motion: Delivering Real-Time Insight from Data Streams This webcast will help organizations of all types and sizes learn about a technology and business strategy for tapping into the wealth of...
- The Next Generation of Big Data: New IBM Information Management Cloud Solutions Learn about IBM's new and expanded Information Management capabilities now delivered in the cloud, including: Hadoop based analytics, stream processing, in-memory computing, data...
- Got Big Data? Learn Tricks to Combine Data from Traditional and Untraditional Sources View now!
- Case study: Quark Software Discover how Quark Software Inc. is able to better serve their customers and business partners with an IT infrastructure based on VMware.
- All Business Intelligence/Analytics Webcasts