Why you want to work there
Top 10 rankings: No. 1 for retention, No. 4 for career development, No. 10 for benefits
Skills-building is a big part of the culture at this Detroit-based online mortgage lender. IT staffers are offered 200 hours of technical training each year. In 2013, the company created a training group solely for members of its IT team, with the goal helping them further their tech careers while also teaching them a wide range of soft skills, such as communication, time management and leadership. A mentoring program helps identify what skills staffers need in order to reach the next level in their careers.
Read more about this Best Place to Work.
- Total U.S.-based employees:
- Total U.S.-based IT employees:
- IT employee turnover in 2013:
- IT promotions in 2013:
- Training days offered per IT employee in 2013:
- Training budget per IT employee in 2013: