If you haven't already launched a Linux server in the cloud, this might be the perfect time. Why?
- because you can set one up in a matter of minutes
- because you have lots of choices on what distribution you elect to use
- because you just might find that a Linux servers in the cloud provide you with a very convenient way to work with commands and apps that you might not have time or opportunity to try out at work
- because you can get a lot of value of out a cloud-based Unix system at a surprisingly reasonable cost, especially if you're new to the scene (cloud providers seem to love the newbies).
- and because experience in setting up and managing Linux servers in the cloud is likely to put a very colorful feather in your IT cap
Just considering Amazon's "free tier" deal for new cloud customers, you're likely to be amazed at what you can set up and use. In your first 12 months with EC2, you get:
To continue reading this article register now