GetEducated.com LLC, an electronic-learning research and consulting firm in Essex Junction, Vt., recently completed a nationwide survey of accredited distance-learning MBA programs. The full report, GetEducated.com's Best Distance Learning Graduate Schools, Business & Management 2002, is available for free download.
The MBA, the most frequently offered accredited distance-learning degree, typically consists of 10 to 15 courses and takes the average part-time adult distance-learning student three years to complete, according to GetEducated.
Here is GetEducated.com's list of the 10 least expensive MBA programs accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business:
1. University of North Dakota, Grand Forks ($4,950 for North Dakota residents; $7,403 for others)
2. University of South Alabama ($5,510 nationwide)
3. Ball State University, Muncie, Ind. ($5,544 for Indiana residents; $7,416 for others)
4. Clemson University, Clemson, S.C. ($6,435 for South Carolina residents; $16,170 for others)
5. University of Nebraska, Lincoln ($6,672 for Nebraska residents; $9,792 for others)
6. Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton ($6,885.60 for Florida residents; $23,173 for others)
7. Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va. ($7,056 for Virginia residents; $18,936 for others)
8. University System of Georgia ($7,500 for Georgia residents; $30,000 for others)
9. East Tennessee University, Johnson City ($8,476 for Tennessee residents; $19,006 for others)10. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater ($9,750 for Oklahoma residents; $14,850 for others)