We asked IT employees at the 100 organizations that made our 2012 Best Places to Work in IT list a variety of questions about benefits, career opportunities and the workplace environment at their companies. Here are a few highlights from their responses:
What aspects of your job are most important to you?
|Working in an enjoyable environment||94%|
|Being fairly compensated for the work I do||94%|
|Having access to training and opportunities that further my skills||89%|
|Having the means and opportunity to further my career||86%|
|Working in a challenging environment||81%|
|Being able to work with cutting-edge technology||76%|
What benefits mean the most to you?
|Profit sharing/employee stock-ownership program/401(k)/403b plan||54%|
How do you rate yourIT department morale?
How do you rate these job satisfaction factors?
- 89% are very satisfied or satisfied with their company's paid vacation
- 79% are very satisfied or satisfied with their company's profit sharing or employee stock ownership plans
- 78% are very satisfied or satisfied with their base salary
- 78% are very satisfied or satisfied with their work/life balance
- 77% are very satisfied or satisfied with their flexible hours
- 72% are very satisfied or satisfied with their health benefits
- 69% are very satisfied or satisfied with their company's telecommuting policy
How do you rate your workplace stress level?
|Not very stressful||17%|
|Not at all stressful||2%|
Source: 33,461 respondents to Computerworld's 2012 Best Places employee survey from the final 100 companies selected.