As most in the Apple community know, there is a music-related event on Tuesday. The consensus in said community is that there will be new iPod Nanos with a new form factor. The iPod Touch will likely also see some slight improvements and iTunes 8 will be released with more features. However, industry analysts think that is about it and are preparing their clients to be underwhelmed. These analysts aren't always right, however.
Apple has been uncharacteristically lackadaisical about its iPod secrecy. Just about every case maker has received designs for the new devices and has produced products ahead of the launch. It almost seems like Apple doesn't care about these things anymore. 4G Nanos are even showing up all over the Internet. Perhaps Apple is trying to divert attention away from the real story?
While I think that Apple will release some new MacBooks in about a month, I think this particular occasion might be a cause for some new type of non-Mac hardware. Apple's September events are traditionally an entertainment-only occasion.
So what is smaller than a computer and larger than life?
Related News and Blogs
- Apple refreshes iPod line, cuts touch model prices
- John Brandon: iTunes 8 is no Web Genius
- Seth Weintraub: September 9th Liveblog
- John Brandon: When will Apple finally get into the Web?
- Seth Weintraub: Apple's iPod event predictions
- Seth Weintraub: iPod Nano 4G revealed, will UI change?
- Seth Weintraub: As Apple's iPod line matures, a new device becomes likely
- Seth Weintraub: Apple may have some surprises for iPod and iTunes event
- Seth Weintraub: Expectations/speculation for 'Let's Rock' Apple event (hint, no Macs)
Like this Apple blog? Subscribe to the RSS feed!