Computerworld turned 45 years old this month, and to celebrate our birthday, we're giving away an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet to one lucky Facebook user. Just "like" our Facebook page, then use our Facebook app to submit your email address anytime before the end of Monday, July 9, 2012.
Good luck to all our fans!
Computerworld Facebook Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase or survey participation necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law.
1. This Sweepstakes: This sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. EDT on June 26, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 9, 2012. The sweepstakes is sponsored by Computerworld, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701-9171 ("Sponsor").
2. Who Can Enter: The sweepstakes is open to any adult 18 years old or older at the time of the entry. Employees of Computerworld, its affiliates and agents, and their immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all laws.
3. How to Enter:
(1) "Like" Computerworld's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Computerworld then provide your email address using the application found at http://www.facebook.com/Computerworld/app_143103275748075. Limit one entry per email address.
(2) To enter without liking our Facebook page, legibly print your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and complete e-mail address on a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper, and mail it to Computerworld Social Media, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701-9171. Please reference "Facebook Sweepstakes - Amazon Kindle Fire".
All entries must be received on or before July 9, 2012, 11:59 PM EDT. Participants must provide their e-mail address. Notification of winning will be provided only by e-mail. Late or incomplete entries will not be eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone, modem, broadband, fax, or postal failure, or for incomplete, garbled or delayed submissions. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Prize; Odds of Winning: One winner will be randomly selected for a new-in-box Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, valued at $199 USD plus shipping. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize transfer or cash or other substitutions, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for one of comparable or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or any component thereof) is unavailable.
5. Selection of Winner: The winners will be selected from among all qualified, timely entries in a random drawing to be held within seven days after the entry deadline. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. All decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding.
6. Winner Notification; Claiming of Prize: The winner will be notified via e-mail sent to the address specified in the winner's entry. The winner will be required to respond to the e-mail to claim the prize, and may additionally be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement. If the winner does not respond within 10 days of Sponsor's attempted e-mail notification, or if the winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to Sponsor's reasonable instructions, an additional notification will be sent to the winner by e-mail. If the required response is not obtained from the selected winner by the date specified in the second e-mail notification, or if the selected winner is ineligible or otherwise fails to properly claim the prize, a replacement winner will be drawn at random. The process will be repeated until the prize is awarded.
7. Limits of Liability; Releases: By participating in the sweepstakes, you agree that Sponsor will have no responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from acceptance, possession, or use of the prize or entry in the sweepstakes, and you further agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor (and its parent, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives) from any costs or losses to person including injury or death, property or reputation, damages, claims, and liabilities arising in connection therewith. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor will not be liable for: (a) late, lost, incomplete, or improperly transmitted entries, notices, forms, or other correspondence; (b) any electronic, network, or other technical error, malfunction, or unavailability; and (c) any conditions caused by events beyond Sponsor's reasonable control; Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the sweepstakes at any time if any technical problem or outside tampering corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the sweepstakes. Any promotional materials including, without limitation, the offer or these official rules, which contain production, printing, or typographical errors, or are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels are void; and Sponsor's liability, if any, is limited to the replacement of such materials. Recipients of such materials release, Sponsor, its parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agent from any and all losses, claims, or damages that may result therefrom. Winner grants to Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) the unrestricted right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner's name, state of residence, voice, statement, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation or right of review or approval for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
8. Arbitration/choice of law: Except where prohibited, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by participant relating to this sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Computerworld and/or Computerworld's agencies in connection with the sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
9. General Terms: By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these official rules. To obtain a copy of the winner's list, send your request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to Computerworld Social Media, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701-9171. Winner's list requests must reference the entry deadline for the particular sweepstakes.