Apple is expected Wednesday to confirm Wall Street's fears, that iPad sales growth not only slackened in the March quarter, but reversed course with fewer of the iconic tablets sold than the year before. Read more...
Notorious Windows leaker 'Wzor' says Microsoft will issue yet another Windows 8.1 update this year, evidence of the acceleration in the company's development tempo. Read more...
- Apple kicks off public OS X beta testing
- Here's what kind of tablet $5,000 gets you
- Phone buyers are hanging up on subsidies and opting for installment plans
- Google, Samsung signed secret pact over Apple patent claims
- Violin and Microsoft use an all-flash storage array to speed up apps
- Micron boosts endurance and capacity of SSDs for data centers
- How to keep your smartphone (and its data) secure
- Web apps and point-of-sale were leading hacker targets in 2013, says Verizon
- Search and rescue group sues FAA over drone use
- Apple offers free recycling of its products worldwide
- Microsoft to wrap Nokia deal Friday, name subsidiary 'Microsoft Mobile'
- IT Blogwatch: Netflix raising subscribers, fees, and ire to new levels
- Mystery malware infecting jailbroken iPhones, iPads
- JR Raphael: 10 enlightening things you learn as a professional smartphone reviewer
- 4 things to do now to get ready for the Internet of Things
- Jonny Evans: 5 steps to save the planet, Earth Day, Apple special
- NEC launches face-recognition protection for PCs
- Dell launches virtual storage accelerator, aims to boost SAN performance
- Super-high frequencies could one day deliver your mobile video
- Apple customers downsize iPhone, iPad storage in March quarter
- Future tech: Americans foresee made-to-order organs, teleportation and robots
- BMC automates the mainframe change ticket
- SEC seeks data on cyber security policies at Wall Street firms
- Samsung goes on offensive against Apple at trial
- Exclusive video: How a Boston hospital protected healthcare data after last year's Marathon explosions
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, compare your salary with your peers' using our Smart Salary Tool.
The latest fix to Microsoft's much-maligned Windows 8 operating system finally bridges the gap between touch and traditional computing.
To excel in manufacturing, IT pros need to be one part tinkerer and one part visionary, with some analytical skills thrown in for good measure.
Our new Consumerization of IT newsletter covers BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now!
Are you being fairly compensated for your IT skills? See how your salary compares by title, region, seniority and more.
Adventures in the world of bitcoins
ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
7 hot IT jobs that will land you a higher salary
The road to the 60TB hard drive
Programmer picks: Seven great GitHub integrations
What's new in Windows 8.1 Update
Computerworld's 2014 IT Salary Survey: Highlights
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Your perfect plan for wringing value from your IT spend, boosting your mobile bandwidth, mastering disruptive technologies and more.