Apple on Wednesday said it sold 4.1 million Macs in the March quarter, growing sales during a period when the personal computer industry overall continued to contract. Read more...
Pundits are calling 2014 the year of the IT contractor. Here are 15 tips for setting up shop and making it stick from seasoned veterans. Read more...
- News FCC rules would allow payments for speedier traffic
- Tim Cook to Microsoft: Better late than never for Office on iPad
- FCC will seek comments about its latest net neutrality proposal
- Facebook Q1 sales leap as mobile ad business grows
- Nadella departs from predecessor's practice, will do earnings call Thursday
- As AT&T and Google push broadband adoption, the feds are non-players
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- IBM hopes new chip can turn the tables on Intel
- Go time traveling with Google Maps
- Cool tech and hot cars from the N.Y. Int'l Auto Show
- Apple kicks off public OS X beta testing
- It's now possible to wirelessly charge 40 smartphones from 16 feet away
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab 4 line-up goes on sale May 1 starting at $199.99
- Fewer college students use tablets; may be a sign device doesn't boost productivity
- Jonny Evans: OS X Beta Seed: Apple's open is closed
- Here's what kind of tablet $5,000 gets you
- Android mobile ad traffic beats iOS for first time
- Preston Gralla: Windows Phone mobile ad share: Barely even measurable
- Russian Android SMS Trojan hits U.S.
- Toshiba, SanDisk NAND flash memory shrinks to 15-nanometer process
- Phone buyers are hanging up on subsidies and opting for installment plans
- The iPad's expected ebb, and the search for why
- Coding error protects some Android apps from Heartbleed
- Google, Samsung signed secret pact over Apple patent claims
- Violin and Microsoft use an all-flash storage array to speed up apps
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, compare your salary with your peers' using our Smart Salary Tool.
The latest fix to Microsoft's much-maligned Windows 8 operating system finally bridges the gap between touch and traditional computing.
To excel in manufacturing, IT pros need to be one part tinkerer and one part visionary, with some analytical skills thrown in for good measure.
Our new Consumerization of IT newsletter covers BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now!
Are you being fairly compensated for your IT skills? See how your salary compares by title, region, seniority and more.
15 tips for surviving -- and thriving -- as an IT contractor
Cool tech and hot cars from the N.Y. Int'l Auto Show
Adventures in the world of bitcoins
ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
7 hot IT jobs that will land you a higher salary
The road to the 60TB hard drive
Programmer picks: Seven great GitHub integrations
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Your perfect plan for wringing value from your IT spend, boosting your mobile bandwidth, mastering disruptive technologies and more.