Vendors will tell you that the Internet of Things (IoT) has arrived. We're here to tell you that it hasn't. Read more...
The U.S. commercial drone industry is still struggling to get off the ground more than two years after President Obama signed into law a bill that permits the civilian use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) over the country's airspace. Read more...
- Satellite communication systems are rife with security flaws, vulnerable to hackers
- IE6: Retired but not dead yet
- Preston Gralla: Microsoft tells small businesses and consumers who love XP: Get lost
- IT Blogwatch: Michaels finally confirms massive POS hack (Aaron Bros. as well)
- Can you hear me now? NASA to test laser communication system
- Jonny Evans: OS X Mavericks: 4 speed secrets
- Michaels breach exposes nearly 3M payment cards
- Windows' new normal shows software-as-a-service ambitions
- JR Raphael: Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One (M8): Which should you get?
- Unbounded Robotics launches robot platform for education, research
- Music labels go after Pandora for using pre-'72 recordings
- H-1B loophole may help California utility offshore IT jobs
- This Netcraft tool flags sites affected by Heartbleed
- Investors try to revive Mt. Gox at last minute
- With Google Glass, the doctor can see you now
- Alibaba set to offer mobile phone services
- Google says little about enterprise Apps, business cloud services in Q1 report
- Google's Project Loon tests move to LTE band in Nevada
- Preston Gralla: Microsoft Office whips Google Docs: It's finally game over
- Facebook wants to help you meet friends offline
- Nokia suspends tablet sales due to faulty charger
- AMD reports $20M Q1 loss
- Android trojan app targets Facebook users
- Teen nabbed in Heartbleed attack against Canadian tax site
- IBM profit falls 21% on weak hardware sales, transition costs
This free report examines the key hurdles facing big data projects, including the immaturity of the tools, inadequate hardware and a lack of staff expertise, as well as the opportunities big data brings.
A shortage of workers with both technical and business skills has employers scrambling and (some) IT pros smiling.
The latest chargers for smartphones and tablets offer more power at less weight, good news for users on the go.
Around-the-clock accessibility is now expected for a broad range of IT roles. Tech pros share their coping strategies.
Today's collaboration tools add features for cloud, social, Web and mobile. They're also a whole lot easier to use.
ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
7 hot IT jobs that will land you a higher salary
The road to the 60TB hard drive
Programmer picks: Seven great GitHub integrations
What's new in Windows 8.1 Update
Computerworld's 2014 IT Salary Survey: Highlights
12 portable battery chargers add life to your devices
Google+ has quietly matured since its launch. Find out the latest about the growing social network.
Your perfect plan for wringing value from your IT spend, boosting your mobile bandwidth, mastering disruptive technologies and more.