The truth, when it comes to computer employment data, is almost always ugly. Census data provides some detail and also raises questions on whether there's a U.S. shortage of STEM workers. Read more...
JR Raphael has a one-word way to sum up his thoughts about the new Amazon Fire Phone: Odd. Read more...
- Apple sends users scrambling for OS X Yosemite
- California sees IT shifting to IBM-built cloud
- QuickPoll: Is Apple smart to release a public beta of OS X Yosemite?
- Deep-dive review: The Lumia 635 smartphone -- a study in contrasts
- The other Apple economy: $2B in devices on eBay
- State Dept. database crash leads to passport, visa delays
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung's first 3D Pro SSD
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Long replacement cycle drags down iPad sales
- Thousands of sites compromised by WordPress plug-in flaw
- Twitter says employees mainly male and white, admits it has a 'lot of work to do'
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- Microsoft again writes off Surface inventory, renews profitability doubts
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Working together: 3 new team collaboration tools
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with cloud enticements
- Mozilla ships Firefox 31, adds search to new tab page
- The Apple/IBM deal: iOS claims the IoT
- Sprint to resell Google Apps for Business cloud service
Looking for top compensation and benefits, projects with punch and full control over your career? Find out which elite organizations made our annual list of the best places to work in IT. Read the report!
Companies are looking at privileged access and how better to lock it down -- without stopping employees from doing their jobs.
There's no need for a portable phone charger to be boring -- here are 11 chargers for your smartphone (or tablet) that are both useful and creative.
When companies use game-like elements to enhance security awareness and modify users' behaviors, everybody wins.
Early adopters share their lessons learned on ramping up, scaling back and avoiding disasters.
Slideshow: 3 new team collaboration tools
13 Tools for Web Developers to Use on Android Devices
9 tips for CIOs as summer vacations hit
11 offbeat battery chargers: Portable power with a twist
9 hot neighborhoods for tech startups
13 bits of classic software whose code is now accessible
Mind the gap: 7 tips for older programmers joining startups
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Demand grows and salaries rise for tech workers with the right skills. Our survey reveals which jobs are hot -- and which are not.