There are many major threats to our privacy that we should be up in arms about, but iBeacons, Gmail scanning and Google Glass are not among them, says Mike Elgan. Read more...
Mt. Gox's failure might have grabbed the headlines, but reputable bitcoin exchanges remain up and running and ready for business. Read more...
- Microsoft takes Iowa from corn to .com
- IT Blogwatch: Will Facebook location sharing be a turn on?
- AMD steers clear of sub-$100 tablet market
- Apple has bigger plans than just song ID with Shazam deal
- HTML5 tool components released as open source
- Can we talk? Internet of Things vendors face a communications 'mess'
- U.S. commercial drone industry struggles to take off
- Steve Jobs becomes an issue in Silicon Valley no-hiring case
- IE6: Retired but not dead yet
- Preston Gralla: Microsoft tells small businesses and consumers who love XP: Get lost
- Google tech to bring 3D mapping smarts to NASA's space station robots
- IT Blogwatch: Michaels finally confirms massive POS hack (Aaron Bros. as well)
- FCC vote in May could further open broadband competition
- Michaels breach exposes nearly 3M payment cards
- Jonny Evans: OS X Mavericks: 4 speed secrets
- Can you hear me now? NASA to test laser communication system
- Windows' new normal shows software-as-a-service ambitions
- JR Raphael: Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One (M8): Which should you get?
- Unbounded Robotics launches robot platform for education, research
- Music labels go after Pandora for using pre-'72 recordings
- H-1B loophole may help California utility offshore IT jobs
- This Netcraft tool flags sites affected by Heartbleed
- With Google Glass, the doctor can see you now
- Alibaba set to offer mobile phone services
- Google says little about enterprise Apps, business cloud services in Q1 report
This free report examines the key hurdles facing big data projects, including the immaturity of the tools, inadequate hardware and a lack of staff expertise, as well as the opportunities big data brings.
A shortage of workers with both technical and business skills has employers scrambling and (some) IT pros smiling.
The latest chargers for smartphones and tablets offer more power at less weight, good news for users on the go.
Around-the-clock accessibility is now expected for a broad range of IT roles. Tech pros share their coping strategies.
Today's collaboration tools add features for cloud, social, Web and mobile. They're also a whole lot easier to use.
Adventures in the world of bitcoins
ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
7 hot IT jobs that will land you a higher salary
The road to the 60TB hard drive
Programmer picks: Seven great GitHub integrations
What's new in Windows 8.1 Update
Computerworld's 2014 IT Salary Survey: Highlights
Google+ has quietly matured since its launch. Find out the latest about the growing social network.
Your perfect plan for wringing value from your IT spend, boosting your mobile bandwidth, mastering disruptive technologies and more.