Emergency room physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center are four months into a pilot program where they are using Google's computerized eyeglasses to help treat patients. Read more...
Samsung's Galaxy S5 Android phone follows a very popular predecessor, but the latest version doesn't stand out in a sea of thoughtfully designed competitors. Read more...
- Microsoft extends Windows 8.1 Update migration deadline for business
- Preston Gralla: Microsoft Office whips Google Docs: It's finally game over
- Nokia suspends tablet sales due to faulty charger
- IT Blogwatch: Police make Heartbleed arrest: Taxing times in Canada
- Android trojan app targets Facebook users
- Jonny Evans: 5 great apps to boost you in business (Mac, iOS)
- Teen nabbed in Heartbleed attack against Canadian tax site
- IBM profit falls 21% on weak hardware sales, transition costs
- Samsung, Amazon customize Kindle app
- How to get a job in manufacturing IT
- Google revenue jumps 19% but still disappoints
- Teardown: Galaxy S5 parts cost 21% more than for iPhone 5S
- Microsoft slashes Windows XP custom support prices just days before axing public patches
- Chrome users won't give up, keep pressing Google to restore old-style new tab page
- ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
- Two more states eye drone use limits
- Automakers show off in-vehicle Wi-Fi, new smartphone interfaces
- Intel looks to Android, not Microsoft, to boost tablet business
- Oracle identifies products affected by Heartbleed, but work remains on fixes
- A simple cure for the cybersecurity skills shortage
- Mac Pro shortage sets record as worst Mac production debacle
- Rushed Heartbleed fixes may expose users to more attacks
- Microsoft launches toolset for capturing 'ambient intelligence'
This free report examines the key hurdles facing big data projects, including the immaturity of the tools, inadequate hardware and a lack of staff expertise, as well as the opportunities big data brings.
A shortage of workers with both technical and business skills has employers scrambling and (some) IT pros smiling.
The latest chargers for smartphones and tablets offer more power at less weight, good news for users on the go.
Around-the-clock accessibility is now expected for a broad range of IT roles. Tech pros share their coping strategies.
Today's collaboration tools add features for cloud, social, Web and mobile. They're also a whole lot easier to use.
ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
7 hot IT jobs that will land you a higher salary
The road to the 60TB hard drive
Programmer picks: Seven great GitHub integrations
What's new in Windows 8.1 Update
Computerworld's 2014 IT Salary Survey: Highlights
12 portable battery chargers add life to your devices
Google+ has quietly matured since its launch. Find out the latest about the growing social network.
Your perfect plan for wringing value from your IT spend, boosting your mobile bandwidth, mastering disruptive technologies and more.