Unless MIcrosoft radically changes its habits, it will throw Windows 8 down a deep memory hole even before a successor ships. Read more...
Got an itch to get your hands on a welding machine, laser cutter or 3D printer? Here are some intriguing public spaces where you can tinker all you want. Read more...
- How Microsoft's CEO sees growth for Windows Phone and Lumia
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- House passes phone-unlocking bill; it now goes to the president's desk
- 13 pieces of advice for Yosemite beta testers
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could mean unexpected costs
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- California sees IT shifting to IBM-built cloud
- For half, STEM degrees lead to other jobs
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Preston Gralla: Will Microsoft's Surface line ever make a profit?
- Thanks to NASA, you can now 3D print models of satellites, probes and planets
- The other Apple economy: $2B in devices on eBay
- Jonny Evans: Apple steals your wallet with future iPhone
- IT Blogwatch: Google assimilates Twitch into the YouTube collective
- Hands on: Amazon's Fire Phone makes a strange first impression
- Bugcrowd guide aims to smooth the way for reporting software flaws
- IoT inspires new components for energy, wireless
- Baidu reports strong mobile ad sales, echoing Facebook
- Deep-dive review: The Lumia 635 smartphone -- a study in contrasts
- State Dept. database crash leads to passport, visa delays
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung's first 3D Pro SSD
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- Long replacement cycle drags down iPad sales
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
Looking for top compensation and benefits, projects with punch and full control over your career? Find out which elite organizations made our annual list of the best places to work in IT. Read the report!
Companies are looking at privileged access and how better to lock it down -- without stopping employees from doing their jobs.
There's no need for a portable phone charger to be boring -- here are 11 chargers for your smartphone (or tablet) that are both useful and creative.
When companies use game-like elements to enhance security awareness and modify users' behaviors, everybody wins.
Early adopters share their lessons learned on ramping up, scaling back and avoiding disasters.
10 cool makerspaces to explore now
Slideshow: 3 new team collaboration tools
13 Tools for Web Developers to Use on Android Devices
9 tips for CIOs as summer vacations hit
11 offbeat battery chargers: Portable power with a twist
9 hot neighborhoods for tech startups
13 bits of classic software whose code is now accessible
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Demand grows and salaries rise for tech workers with the right skills. Our survey reveals which jobs are hot -- and which are not.