Apple on Wednesday conceded that it sold 16% fewer iPads in the March quarter than in the same period last year, fulfilling analysts' expectations -- in spades -- that iPad sales have slowed. Read more...
Microsoft's profit dropped and its revenue was almost flat in its third fiscal quarter, during which the company replaced Steve Ballmer with Satya Nadella as CEO. Read more...
- Exclusive: Google may offer Wi-Fi for cities with its Google Fiber
- Apple users were left at risk by 3-week delay between OS X and iOS patches
- Public cloud market ready for 'hypergrowth' period
- Preston Gralla: Can Microsoft's new Mini tablet save the Surface?
- Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols: Here comes the black market for XP patches
- How to save on mobile plans: Your guide to 16 no-contract carriers
- Tech bigwigs agree to a settlement in Silicon Valley hiring case
- Google+ creator Vic Gundotra is leaving Google
- Tech spending to see 'steady growth' through '15
- Oregon CIO urges state to adopt healthcare.gov, forget site Oracle built
- San Diego's SAP system has tripled some employees' workloads
- FCC defends new net neutrality proposal
- Tip of the Hat: Heartbleed prompts chastened tech giants to fund OpenSSL
- Career alert: A Master of analytics degree is the ticket -- if you can get into class
- Verizon boosts revenue, income on mobile and broadband growth
- Apple CEO Tim Cook steps up on the auction block again
- HTC One (M8) grabs some Apple, Samsung converts
- 15 tips for surviving -- even thriving -- as an IT contractor
- Jonny Evans: The Android-to-iPhone switchers guide
- Consumers are still meh about 3D printers
- IT Blogwatch: The Internet asks: Et tu, FCC?
- Top vendors join to bolster OpenSSL, other open source projects, after Heartbleed
- Facebook Q1 sales leap as mobile ad business grows
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- As AT&T and Google push broadband adoption, the feds are non-players
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, compare your salary with your peers' using our Smart Salary Tool.
The latest fix to Microsoft's much-maligned Windows 8 operating system finally bridges the gap between touch and traditional computing.
To excel in manufacturing, IT pros need to be one part tinkerer and one part visionary, with some analytical skills thrown in for good measure.
Our new Consumerization of IT newsletter covers BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now!
Are you being fairly compensated for your IT skills? See how your salary compares by title, region, seniority and more.
15 tips for surviving -- and thriving -- as an IT contractor
Cool tech and hot cars from the N.Y. Int'l Auto Show
Adventures in the world of bitcoins
ROI: The 10 computer science programs with the biggest payoff
7 hot IT jobs that will land you a higher salary
The road to the 60TB hard drive
Programmer picks: Seven great GitHub integrations
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Your perfect plan for wringing value from your IT spend, boosting your mobile bandwidth, mastering disruptive technologies and more.