Hewlett-Packard has changed its direction on OpenVMS, giving the operating system -- and users -- something of a reprieve. Read more...
Whatever your poison -- Windows 7 or 8, updated or not -- there's a desktop tool that should be part of your repertoire. Read more...
- Thumb drives can be reprogrammed to infect computers
- Attackers exploit remote access tools to compromise retail systems
- NASA plans next-gen scientific tools for 2020 Mars rover
- CISOs still struggle for respect from peers
- The CIA improperly accessed Senate computers
- One of Google's mysterious barges is on the move
- Vision-correcting display nixes your need for eyeglasses
- Qi wireless charging spec gets more flexibility with distance extension
- French carrier Iliad offers to buy T-Mobile US
- Android grabs record 85% smartphone share
- Preston Gralla: Windows Phone continues to slide, now under 3% share worldwide
- EC steps up antitrust inquiry into Google, Android
- JR Raphael: So long, software silliness! 7 quick tweaks to make the LG G3 better
- Oracle-based U.S. visa system still glitchy despite software update
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- Security Manager's Journal: A ransomware flop, thanks to security awareness
- Facebook app gives free Internet to mobile users in Zambia
- AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops
- Is the LG G3 the best Android phone ever? Well...
- 12 of the biggest, baddest, boldest software backdoors of all time
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Many antivirus products are riddled with security flaws
- Congress OKs upgrade of VA's 29-year-old software
- Hands on: OS X 10.10 Yosemite beta shows off a new look and features
- The best new features in OS X Yosemite (so far)
Looking for top compensation and benefits, projects with punch and full control over your career? Find out which elite organizations made our annual list of the best places to work in IT. Read the report!
The low-cost Lumia 635 bears the burden of some unfortunate hardware compromises, but Windows Phone 8.1 is excellent.
Four companies that have been at BYOD for awhile share specifics on how they've morphed their mobility programs over time.
Flow, Glip and Slingshot aim to enhance the ability of teams to converse and collaborate using a variety of tools.
Got an itch to get your DIY on? Here are 10 intriguing public spaces where you can tinker to your heart's content.
25 useful, free tools for every Windows desktop
The best new features in OS X Yosemite (so far)
12 of the biggest, baddest, boldest software backdoors of all time
10 cool makerspaces to explore now
Slideshow: 3 new team collaboration tools
13 Tools for Web Developers to Use on Android Devices
9 tips for CIOs as summer vacations hit
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Demand grows and salaries rise for tech workers with the right skills. Our survey reveals which jobs are hot -- and which are not.